Friday, July 4, 2008

This Week










Another busy week......I decided to try several different new recipes. Homemade wheat bread..good but not great. Homemade gold stars (goldfish recipe, but I don't have a fish cutter)......very good. Victor says they taste more like Cheese Nips. It isn't pictured but I also made homemade (not Hidden Valley) ranch dressing...I really liked this alot!!














Papaw and Jan sent these squishy, bouncy, light-up orbs. Lots of fun, especially in the dark! Thanks!

Rylan had swimming lessons this week. He loves the water and is not afraid at all. He ended the lesson yesterday by jumping in totally unassisted ( I did not catch him) in the shallow end where he knew his feet could touch the bottom. The instructor told him we weren't going to catch him before he jumped but he was excited and I wasn't sure he got it. Then he jumped and when he came up he looked surprised, but we cheered and he said "jump again"! What a guy! Sorry I don't have any pics. It is a Mommy and me class so I am in the water with him. Hopefully Victor will be able to come to at least one class so we can capture his fearless excitement!

3 comments:

alexandra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Where did you get your cracker recipe? I've been wanting to do that and all the recipes I find are vastly different.
(This is Jenny - friend of Heather's - met you a looooooong time ago when you were pregnant with Braden :-)

Mindi Tipps said...

I didn't know you had posted any more! My Google Reader (which lets me know when poeple create new posts) didn't update I guess! Anyway- sorry I'm behind!

Aren't you just the little homemaker? I've been baking a lot too! Must be the "Grocery Cart Challenge!" =) I made homemade tortillas- they were good too. I can't believe Rylan was so fearless! And those squishy balls look like fun!