Friday, January 30, 2009

Week Three of Construction on House #2

Well, this was the week for framing! The week began like this... walls in place and rafters beginning to go up.














This is the start of the shop.














This is how it looks now!! Walls and rafters up and ready for decking and sheet rock!!















This is the back of the house.















This is another look at the slab on the north side of the house. See, I wasn't kidding! Eight feet tall!



















Victor wanted me to include a photo of the eyebrow arch from the living room leading into the kitchen.














Finally, this is what the shop looked like at the end of the week.














Well, that's all for now! Come back next week to see what happens next!!

Also, my boys (the two little ones) would like for you to notice how clean the work site is. Construction workers can leave behind a great deal of garbage. The nice folks that have been toiling away on our home aren't particularly messy. However, every afternoon my boys can't wait to come out to the site a race around picking up as much garbage as possible!!

Works for me!!

2 comments:

Mindi Tipps said...

I'm not sure what an eyebrow arch is but I'm impressed! :)

I can't wait to see it when it's all done!

Unknown said...

Hey Colleen!
Don't know if you got my last comment a while back. Found your blog through Alexandra! It is good to read about you and see your beautiful family! I have missed your friendship! Get in touch with me if you can. My email is meswaney@yahoo.com. I also have a facebook page if you have one. Hope to hear from you soon! God Bless,
Kim Bruce Swaney